Make and design a toy yourself, experiments and competitions, together with the birthday guests. A great birthday in the People's Factory. First of all, beautiful colorful spinning tops are produced under guidance
Make and design a toy yourself, experiments and competitions, together with the birthday guests.
A great birthday in the People’s Factory.
First of all, beautiful colorful spinning tops are produced under guidance and with the use of a 3D printer and a laser cutter. As soon as all children hold their own spinning tops in their hands – not without having tested their performance beforehand – we start a series of experiments in which the children can paint suitable cardboard discs with the most varied patterns, attach them to the spinning top and marvel at the “optical illusions” that arise when the spinning tops are turned. A special extra here are our exciting machines, such as the electric turntable painting machine or spirographs.
At the end there is the final climax: everyone competes in various games with his or her colourful spinning top. Let’s see who can move his spinning top the fastest through a labyrinth. Or who can collect 100 points first with the own spinning top. The goal is to “circle around” obstacles and with the right spin move the spinning top to the most lucrative point fields. No wonder that time flies by – the spinning top is one of the oldest children’s toys.
Tap water with delicious syrup as well as some candy are available at any time.
Option “Birthday table” (1 hour longer): After so much fun, excitement and amazement you get together and refill the empty energy reserves. We all sit together at our large, colourfully decorated table and the birthday child is allowed to cut his colourful birthday cake, which everyone enjoys with a hot or cold chocolate.
Duration: 3 hours.
Age: 4 – 8 years
Participants: Max. 10 children plus 1 – 2 adults to help with the care
Prize: 35 CHF per child incl. workshop, machines, material, instructions. Minimum flat rate 240 CHF.
Date: We are flexible, many times are possible for us. Simply contact us at email@example.com and we will discuss the rest personally.
Option “Birthday table”
- Cake, chocolate and decoration will be brought along by you. + 25 CHF flat rate for the longer room rental
- Cake can be ordered from our gifted partner Nela Bildstein of Vinedocupcakes (http://www.vinedocupcakes.ch). Decoration (also with motto) & Chocolate takes over the People’s Factory. + 70 CHF flat rate for room + decoration + chocolate (and coffee for adults)
You produce our own Pucket game – a finger flicking fun for short breaks at work Close the office for an afternoon, treat yourself to a break as a team and
You produce our own Pucket game – a finger flicking fun for short breaks at work
Close the office for an afternoon, treat yourself to a break as a team and come to the People’s Factory. We offer you a fascinating and yet relaxed half day.
As a team you will create your own „Pucket” game. Each team member decides when he/she wants to be active in the workshop and which part he/she wants to take part in and when he/she wants to take a short break in our lounge area. The team will work in a relaxed atmosphere, while we make sure that the game is finished in time, by using our various machines (3D printer, CNC milling machine, laser cutter, sewing machine, etc.) under professional guidance and by applying a good amount traditional work with your hands and various manual tools. As soon as the game is finished, the team will get ready for the first Pucket battles!
„Pucket“ is a fast-paced game and a lot of fun. It’s quick to set up, played by two, doesn’t take long and clears your mind!
The idea: Who is the fastest to shoot all his pucks through the tunnel into the opponent’s field using the rubber band. It sounds easier than it is, your opponent is using the same tunnel to try exactly the same thing! The winner is either the one who shot all his pucks into the opposing field, or the one who has no more pucks in his field.
At the end of the event, the team enjoys a delicious soup with freshly baked bread at our dinner table – and we toast to a successful day.
- Number of participants: Up to 10
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours
- Material, machine and workshop use, coaching, service
- Non-alcoholic beverages, coffee/tea
- Fruit / freshly baked cake for in-between
- Soup with fresh bread
- 1 drink to toast (beer, wine, prosecco)
- Price: 1000 CHF all-inclusive + 40 CHF catering per person
(Change requests can be agreed individually and will be charged separately)
How about a game again - not on the computer, but on a real wooden board? With the game made by yourself using your own design? Are you part of
How about a game again – not on the computer, but on a real wooden board? With the game made by yourself using your own design? Are you part of it?
The production of the beautiful mill game alone is tempting – use conventional tools, your hands as well as exciting digital machines.
You will experience all this within 4 hours:
- Short introduction to the 3D printer and start of the 3D printing process for the locks of the bag store the game tokens.
- Switch to the Laser Cutter, to turn a piece of wood into a mill game board. You will not only engrave the patterns of the game, you will also be able to decorate your mill game with an individual design – drawn by yourself or downloaded from the Internet. In addition, the Laser Cutter cuts the bags for the game tokens out of old jeans and allows to engrave your own design on the bag. After a short introduction to the Laser Cutter you will operate the Laser Cutter yourself with our help.
- While the Laser Cutter is at work, you use our chop saw to cut 22 game pieces (including 4 spare tokens) off from a piece of wood. The raw pieces are then sanded and smoothened with your hands using our supply of sandpaper. Beautiful coloured acrylic spray (water based) coatings bring the tokens to perfection. Spraying will be done used outside, or inside while applying our spray mist extractor. It requires some patience, but is still quick and fun.
- To finish the game we oil the game with a natural based oil and the jeans bag gets a cord, applied with the 3D printed locks.
Your own mill game is ready!
Number of participants: Max. 10 – The workshop takes place when 6 participants have registered. 1 game board per registered person. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult (free of charge).
Duration: 4 hours
Prerequisites: None. Bring your own laptop, if you have one!
Included: Material, Tools & Machine Usage, Instructions, Sweet Snack, Tap Water with Syrup.
Please note: every participant signs a non-liability agreement prior to the course. For children up to the age of 18, these must be signed by the parents (can be arranged online, please specify when registering).
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
The People's Factory is on summer holidays from 8th July to 7th August! During this time the People's Factory is closed and there are no courses. However, if you have any questions,
The People’s Factory is on summer holidays from 8th July to 7th August!
During this time the People’s Factory is closed and there are no courses.
However, if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 8 (Monday) - August 7 (Wednesday)